Columbus Central University (CCU) is one of the renowned medical schools in the Caribbean nation, Central America to pursue MBBS/MD courses. One of the highlight traits of CCUSM is that it offers specialization in basic science and clinical science programs with a duration of 4 years. To be precise, CCU ranks among the best colleges and universities in the Caribbean countries with have a high pass rate in the USMLE test. Columbus University accredited by ACGME (The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education). Since time immemorial, the university has fostered a deep and longstanding relationship with students and stakeholders.
Belize is the best place for Medical Education, it is a nation on the eastern coast of Central America, with the Caribbean Sea shorelines to the east. Columbus Central University Belize located on the eastern coast of the Caribbean countries, which has an excellent environment, convenient transportation, economic and political stability that motivates the students to be competitive, devoted and dedicated to their goals.
Summary of CCU at a Glance
Hostel: In-Campus Hostel Available
Duration of MBBS Course: 4 Years
Medium of Instruction: English
Affiliated To: Columbus Central University
Recognition and Listing:
Medical Council of India (MCI)
World Health Organization (WHO)
United States Medical License Examination (USMLE)
Government of Belize
Medical Council of Canada (MCC)
Affiliated Hospital: Affiliated Hospitals in US, UK, Belize, Mexico, Nepal, UAE, Philippines.
Address: CCU University, 10, Bally Garden, 4 Miles Phillip Goldson Hwy, Belize City, Belize
Why Study at Columbus Central University?
Well, there are many reasons to pursue MBBS in CCU Central America. It is one of the top medical schools in the Caribbean which was established by renowned physicians from the United States. On the other hand, it is accredited, licensed and registered within the picturesque city of Belize (which was known as British Honduras). For Indian MBBS aspirants, CCUSM remains an all-time favorite. By opting for Columbus Central University, an Indian MBBS aspirant would avail hands-on experience while dealing with clinical studies. Moreover, the main mission of CCUSM is to create an entirely new model of medical education in Central America. Thus, you would be studying in the university which would always emphasize being a transformational agent.
Columbus Central University is a very popular choice for Indian students willing to study high-quality Medical education at a world-class institution in the Caribbean. CCU has helped hundreds of students from India to achieve their medical career goals easily.
Admission Procedure to Study MBBS in Columbus Central University
In order to get admitted for MBBS/MD in the CCU, you have to follow certain steps. Note that while applying for the admission process, you need to be careful with your documents and eligibility criteria. Here is the list of ways through which you would be admitted to the Columbus Central University Belize.
- For admission, students don’t have to appear for any entrance tests at the CCU (Caribbean University).
- However, CCU would assess your NEET score to determine whether you are eligible or not for the admission.
- As an applicant, you should be above 17 years of age on or before 31st December.
- You should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) as your main subjects in class 11 and class 12.
- Aspirants should have a score of 50% or more in the 12th standard with CBSE / ISC or any other Equivalent Board Examination.
- In science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, you must obtain more than 50% marks.
Infrastructure & Facilities at the Columbus Central University
We at Columbus Central University School of Medicine Central America has world-class facilities that appeal greatly to MBBS/MD (Medical Degree) aspirants from across the world. It has a well-equipped campus which ensures that the students can thoroughly develop their skills while dealing with various aspects of medical science. These facilities play a crucial role in developing the understanding and learning of students. It has a 24/7 digital monitoring security procedure which makes a student feel safe when they step out to a foreign land the first time in their life.
Here is the list of other facilities that you can avail of while studying at the CCU Central America.
- Hostel facility
- Dedicated sports complex
- Steady Wi-Fi access
- Well-equipped laboratories
As CCU has an US-based curriculum, students can easily crack the USLME to pursue higher medical studies and practice in the United States.
Quick Facts About Columbus Central University
- Columbus Central University is located in Belize. It was established in the year 2006.
- CCU has U.S. based curriculum and has a qualified faculty team to prepare students for passing a United States Medical Licensure Exam (USMLE) in a first attempt.
- CCU recognitions make students eligible for clinical rotations and licensure in the U.S. Upon passing USMLE, students start clinical clerkship in accredited hospitals throughout the US or the UK.
- The University is charted by the Belizean Government and it is approved by the Ministry of Education.
- CCU Central America is listed in the WHO (World Health Organization), Geneva, Switzerland
- More than 90 % USMLE Step 1 pass rate.
- The medical school also offers USMLE Review Course of Medical Science.
- Columbus Central University Belize is recognized by the General Medical Council (GMC) of the UK.
- CCU tuition fees a very reasonable and have a strong financial aid to every student.
- Central America is a region found in the southern tip of North America. Central America has an overall humid, tropical climate with distinct dry and rainy seasons throughout the region.
- More than 50 full-time faculty, 200+ voluntary faculty and practice anywhere in the U.S and Canada and India.